|Home | Products | Services | Testimonials | Articles | Contact |||עברית|
Want to make more accurate decisions?Click here
to read the full story
.Here are some Torah ideas that I think you will find helpful...
The first group of ideas are from the Sefer "Pele Yoetz" ---on "Parnassah". He presents it like a formula for helping with Parnassah.
1) Strengthen your Emunah in the principle that a person's Parnassah is determined from Rosh Hashana until the next Rosh Hashana according to Ha-Shem's decision.
2) No matter how busy you are, make it a point of Davening all three Tefillos with a minyan every day
3) No matter how busy you are , set aside specific times for Torah study and keep them as a hard and fast rule
4) On days you are not working (Shabbos, Yom Tov, Chol Hamoed) or whenever you have free time, don't waste that time but learn during those times, as well
5) Your business dealings should be totally honest which means making sure that you are not transgressing any Torah prohibitions.
6) Daven for your Parnassah: before you go to work, in the Brocha of Shomaya Tefillah, and before every meal
7) If your Parnassah is not going well remember that Ha-Shem tests people; this is the time to stengthen your Emunah
8) Make sure to have Kavonna in the Brochos on foods (and all Birchos Hanehnin) and especially say Birchas Hamazone carefully word by word, letter by letter.
9) Have kavonna whenever your say the verse פותח את ידיך ומשביע לכל חי רצון
The Sefer "Arukh Hashulhan" (in 'סימן קנה) interprets the above principle #5 that a person should be totally honest as follows: People trust your word and are able to rely on you. Your "yes" should be a "yes" and your "no" should be a "no". If people can rely on you and if you are pleasant to deal with, and you speak to them in a pleasant way, then people will want to do business with you.
This reminds me of a story. When I took my NLP courses in Lancaster, Pennsylvania I met a wealthy man in Shul who escaped the Holocaust and fled to the United States. He arrived penniless and eventually built up a large truck business. This man sold trucks all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I asked one of the people who knew him well if he knew anything that this man did that might help explain his success. He answered me that "this man has a reputation that he never changes his word. If he tells you he is going to fix a truck and that it is going to cost a certain amount, no matter what, he fixes it for that amount. Even if turns out that it should have cost more, he will not raise the price. Everybody trusts him and buys from him."
© Copyright. All rights reserved to Shlomo Kory, Jerusalem, Israel